Wednesday, February 6, 2013

. Oslo, Norway.

Last September, I flew from Greece to Belgium, and from Belgium to Norway. I went to visit a good Norwegian friend I had been working with in the past summer. In Brussels, I met Kaspar, a cool guy from Lancaster who taught me how to use "hipstamatic" and I went through a hipster phase. All my pictures are shot with my i-phone. If you think they're tacky, apologies. I found them cool at the time and that's what matters. Anyway, back to Norway. What a beauty!

All I was listening to was Oh Land, a Danish, yet Scandinavian singer.

That was the view from my friends window. In the morning, I loved looking at the people rushing to work, when I was covered in woolen norwegian blankets.

On a Saturday morning, my friend and I walked around the centre and got to chat with the friendly sellers.



Check out this style!


Since the Oslo's massacre was still recent, I felt the need to pass by the area and see the debris and think of all the children who lost their lives. The area was still full of flowers.

Later on, my friend and I visited the famous Opera, a stunning glass building where one can see the atlantic ocean.





The other day we walked around Vigeland's park! One of the most famous Norwegian sculptors.

On our way to the mountain.

    

And finally got to Skiforeningen, where skiing races are taking place.

 The troll and I. 




 And a walk around the mountain! Ooops a lake!

   Later, we took the boat to get to FRAM, a museum of the first boat that reached the south pole.







And visited a museum nearby that was depicting the old traditional norwegian life.






And I learnt how to knit.






The trip overall was very inspirational. I loved the city, the people, the markets, the interiors. I've got so much more to say and show. I'd love to thank my friend Synne for her excellent hospitality and touring around Oslo. Tusen takk!


No comments:

Post a Comment