Saturday, February 9, 2013

.A camping adventure.

Last year, I decided to celebrate my birthday in my hometown. I had just graduated and was free to live like a little girl again. So, I decided to go on a camping adventure with a good friend! What would be better than partying for 2 days in Skiathos, one of Greece's most famous islands! However, our adventure turned out to be simpler but more exciting. 

I took the boat from Volos early in the morning. As I couldn't wait to celebrate my 21st, I got on the boat earlier. I was all alone and I enjoyed the dawn of the day listening to ....






When we got there, my friend and I looked for a remote beach to free camp. As we were resting at one of the island's villages I met an old widowed man. The old man got a little bit drunk and told me that we could camp at a secret beach for a couple of nights. He told me how to get there and at the end he asked me to find him a beautiful lady to marry! Haha! My friend had doubts trusting a really old man, but I insisted and VOILA!  


Can you see our little tent?


We spent 2 days by the sea! Swimming, reading books, listening to music and in the evening we went back to the village for a bit of tsipouro, fresh fish, and friends!

p.s. I recently received my degree's certificate and it was published on the 7th of June, on my 21st birthday! Coincidence or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment