Saturday, January 19, 2013

.Seville, Andalucia, Spain.

A few days before my 20th birthday my best friends announced to me that they had to leave Oxford. Sooner or later I realized I was going to spend my birthday on my own, but I had a good feeling that even so it was going to be a very special day. 




Those days I was reading a book entitled "The Return" by Victoria Hislop, a love story of a guitar player and a flamenco dancer in Granada, during the civil war. So the decision was easy to make. I was going to Sevilla, Cordoba, and Granada.



Let me get you orientated--->

I arrived on the 7th of June, early in the morning. The sun was shining and I was ready to explore the city and potentially make new friends.

I went straight to the hostel. Got into my room opened the window and look what I saw.



I took my bag and started walking around the city. I was staying at Alameda de Hercules, a popular square full of bars and restaurants. 

African musicians performing in the street. You know a city is vibrant when it has rhythm.



I kept walking and I got into the city's Cathedral. Apparently it gets packed in their Catholic Easter around "Semana Santa" (Holly Week).

The view from the Cathedrals roof top.


Later on I made a good friend, Guillame from Belgium. We were walking around town when accidentally we passed by the very famous Plaza d' Espana. I couldn't stop saying "wow!".


And I decided to play with the water!









And then the night came along! My new friends and I decided to go out and explore the city's flamenco bars.

   On our way I stopped to stroke one of my favourite basset hounds.


This was one of the oldest and most famous flamenco bars in Seville. The vibe was incredible.





 And then the night went on. It only took 2 spanish guitars, a flute and a lot of alcohol to make the real Spanish party start. Our tour guides Ermano and Anyi invited us to theirs and look what happened.

Ermano

Anyi




I even took part!

And that's how I spent my 20th birthday!

1 comment: