Thursday, January 17, 2013

A day in Mount Pelion!

Whenever I visit my hometown, I always crave visiting the little picturesque villages of mount Pelion just 20 minutes away from my parents' house. It gives me so much excitement looking at the city from above and trying to identify my house between others. This year, my sweet boyfriends were kind enough to organize an excursion to the mountain. We drove to the mountain while listening to Blues and eating bananas. The sun was shining and I caught myself feeling happy since I was spending quality time with 4 men. 



Here is a map to get you orientated --->




The view from Makrinitsa. Makrinitsa is a very old traditional   village with beautiful cafes, tavernas and a breathtaking view of my hometown Volos and its gulf! My friends and I stood there exchanging sunglasses, competing who's caught the best shade.




                                                The village's square.

Shops sell traditional sweets in jars made by apples.






                                                          It's all about apples.





                    My friends cannot stand my long-lasting shopping habits. 


                              This picture truly depicts each one of them!




Time to play a song!












No comments:

Post a Comment