Friday, January 18, 2013

.A French Summer.

I had always felt I had a sweet tooth about France. The music, the language, the fashion, and the history transfer me to a flirty attitude. This summer I felt it was about time I followed my instinct and visited a good friend at Montpellier. 




Let me orientate you---->



All I was listening to was....

          The first thing that caught my attention was the Carousel right in the centre of Montpellier, a la Place de la Comedie.

     As I had just graduated and was getting ready to make a new step in my life, I found this trip to be a sweet pause from my English reality. I used to spend hours at a small caffe and all I could see was this window. I wished I could live there some day.
And this was my neighborhood. I stayed at the old city.

     Tango festival at Les Esplanades.

Chasing bubbles.

Walking around the city I discovered one of the oldest toy shops, Pomme de Reinette. Needless to say I spent hours exploring it.




           See the excitement in my face!


My friend took me to a rafting spot in Herault river, well know as Pond de Diable.


             If you are around its worth visiting the traditional picturesque village of St. Guillame le desert. 


On the 15th of August, we visited Agde, a small town situated just 30 minutes outside Montpellier, where we watched a traditional game. 

And then walked around the little alleyways.

This is building looked like a whole town.

Our excursion to the beach was full of surprises. Look what I bumped into... (Street of the Greek, for those of you who don't speak French)

 I spent quite a long time watching these sandy Simpsons getting crafted. Apologies, I couldn't wait for the other 2 members of the family.


No comments:

Post a Comment