Sunday, February 3, 2013

.A roman holiday.

A whole summer had passed in Oxford, and I had felt it was about time to go home and see my lovely mama, and mpampa, and catch up with my close friends. I thought of spicing up my journey by stopping at Rome for 6 days. It didn't turn up to be Audrey Hepburn's "Roman Holiday" but it was definitely a break with big surprises.

Let me get you orientated-->

 All I was listening to was...


I was staying in the centre of Rome at a very busy youth hostel near a big open market. I checked in, dropped my stuff, and went out to buy fruit and discover what was so special that made Rome "The Eternal City".



The Pantheon.


Piazza Navona.

And then I bumped into a counter of fresh fruit.

And then I discovered "Fontana di Trevi", where I had to toss a coin and make a wish. Writing this retrospectively, I can tell you that my wish came true.



As the night came along, I had to find my way back. I passed by the busy streets of Rome, to overcome my loneliness.






The next day, I met Cara!We were sharing a room in our hostel. Cara is a beautiful ballerina who had come all the way from Australia to spend a summer in Europe. We immediately clicked and spent the rest of our journey together.



So we woke up early and headed to St. Peter's Cathedral and the Vatican museum.


The Vatican Museum.


Then Cara and I wondered around the city centre and the famous via Condotti which was full of shops way beyond our budget. 

And at the end of the street you could see Piaza d'Espana.



At night, us ladies took a bus ride and drunk wine by Fontana di Trevi.



The next day, Cara and I went to "Piazza del Popolo"

And climbed the hill to get to a park with the Piazza's view.

This is were we decided to fake a driving license and rent a park's car. I started driving without knowing how to break. We nearly had an accident and Cara decided to teach me how to drive.





All my love to the girls I met from different contents and made my journey so memorable!  

No comments:

Post a Comment